Really excited for these upcoming events:
I forgot to write something post-Goruck Challenge after I completed it in early March. It was, in short, a great experience. It was cold, difficult, dirty and a very long day. But it was awesome to push myself and get pushed (in a positive way) by others, embrace the suck and just keep moving forward.
We probably covered about 15 miles or so in D.C., over a period just over 12 hours. I was never a big team sports guy, but the camaraderie and team spirit exhibited by everyone in the same situation, putting themselves through the same paces, was very uplifting and fun.
I definitely recommend it for anyone looking to challenge themselves and challenge what their perceived limits are. I will definitely do it again, and have my eye on a Goruck Heavy — a 24-hour challenge — in the future, as well as the yet-to-be-fully revealed Goruck Nasty.
Today was a killer.
- 1000m Row
- Jumping Jacks 45s + 10 pushups x 2
- Machine Chest Press (4 sets)
- Bosu ball situps (4)
- Incline Dumbbell Presses (4)
- In & Outs (4)
- Dips (3)
- Cable Crossovers (3)
- Dumbbell Military Presses (3)
- Medicine ball toss (3)
- Wide Pushups (3)
- Row/Kettlebell Pyramid – Row 200m, 5 kettlebell swings, row 300m, 10 kettlebell swings, row 400m, 15 kettlebell swings, row 500m, 20 kettlebell swings, repeat back down to 200m/5 swings
Those crazy kids.
Nice parody, based on the Macklemore (and Ryan Lewis) track “Thrift Shop.”
Also, here’s the original, “Thrift Shop.”